Cure Short Bread Spritz Cookies in stock. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until smooth with electric mixer. What sets spritz cookies and shortbread cookies apart, then, comes down to one ingredient and shaping methods. Spritz cookies are tender and have an enriched dough.
These easy cookies are made using a cookie press to create perfect holiday bites. When I bite into one of these delicious shortbread cookies, it just brings me back to my Grandma's kitchen filled with Nanaimo bars, sugar cookies and these beauties.. This recipe is reported to work well in the Proctor-Silex Super Shooter or Super Shooter Plus cookie press. You act boiling nuke Short Bread Spritz Cookies employing 6 receipt furthermore 4 furthermore. Here you are effect.
technique of Short Bread Spritz Cookies
- give 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- This 1 1/2 cups of flour.
It will also work with other cookie presses if the dough is refrigerated first. I lost my recipe book for the Super Shooter and found most spritz cookie recipes to be too stiff to work in my machine. I found this recipe through Google searches at www.christmas-cookies.com. Add confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and flour mixture; mix until well combined.
Short Bread Spritz Cookies process
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, vanilla & powdered sugar on medium until mixed..
- Add in cornstarch, flour, and salt. Beat just until combined..
- Place dough into cookie press and press onto an ungreased pan. Add sprinkles or colored sugar if desired..
- Bake 9-11 minutes or just until done. Immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool. If you don't have a cookie press, you can make small balls about 3/4" and press flat with fork. You can also use a pastry bag and a piping tip and make little circles or squares..
Lightly flour a work surface, and roll out the dough until it's about a half inch thick. You can use a knife, a pizza cutter or a bench scraper to do this. Sift flour with cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. This Best Shortbread Cookie Recipe yields tender, crisp, buttery, and perfect shortbread cookies every time. I feel like Shortbread Cookies are underrated.