Avoid German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting discount. German chocolate cake is typically made as a chocolate layer cake with a sweet frosting loaded with shredded coconut and pecans. It's basically a snackable sheet cake. While the classic recipe uses a light, sweetened chocolate to flavor the cake, I prefer using a combo of unsweetened.
Layers of fluffy chocolate cake and creamy coconut-pecan frosting come together in a towering, triple-decker German chocolate cake no one will be able to resist. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting, ending with frosting. Homemade German Chocolate Cake is always a favorite. You go for it steeping boil German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting testing 18 compound furthermore 9 and. Here is how you do a bang-up job.
process of German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting
- also 2 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Sugar.
- give 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water.
- add 4 oz of Baking Chocolate (I used 1/4 c Cocoa Powder and 4 tsp oil).
- give 1/2 Cup of Shortening.
- also 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk (I used 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt).
- This 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- add 2 of Eggs.
- give 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- give of ~*Icing Ingredients*~*.
- also 1 Cup of Evaporated Milk.
- give 1 Cup of Sugar.
- give 3 of Egg Yolks.
- a little 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- use 1 1/3 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut.
- give 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans.
- use 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Two layers of tender chocolate cake topped with a decadent coconut pecan frosting. The ooey-gooey coconut pecan frosting just gets me every time. Truth be told, I could just eat it by the spoonful, but it's even better when it's paired. This German chocolate cake has a gooey coconut and toasted pecan filling, a dark chocolate cake, and deliciously It's pretty sweet by itself, but when paired with coconut pecan filling AND chocolate frosting, it makes my teeth hurt.
German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and sugar. Set aside..
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, water, German Chocolate baking chocolate and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil, add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine..
- Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in-between each addition..
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- ~*Frosting Directions*~*.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat combine milk, sugar egg yolks, and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly for about 12 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake evenly and drizzle with hot fudge..
- FOR BEST RESULTS Put in Freezer for 30 minutes after frosting the cake. It will cool the icing but the cake will be slightly warm and melt in your mouth.
And that says a lot considering I have a mouthful of sweet teeth!! To assemble the cake, slice each cake in half horizontally. Sprinkle the top with toasted coconut and pecans. Our Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe is the perfect German chocolate cake icing. Thick, nutty, and delicious, we dare say this icing might The best part?